Indoor Flying Field
The indoor flying field is located at 950 Kerry Street, Aimhi Community Centre (Old Lakewood Elementary School) and is open on Saturdays from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
Indoor flying is closed throughout the summer.
Main Flying Field (Blackwater)
Unfortunately, this field is now closed. A new field is in the works, so please check back regularly.
The main flying field is located west of Prince George on the Giesbrecht Dairy farm just past the the O’Brien Training grounds. This field is slightly remote so please bring food, water and shade for those extended flying days. There are multiple pilot stations, work benches, picnic tables, pit toilet, fire pit and great parking for your convenience.
- From Prince George, head west on the Yellowhead Highway 16 W.
- Turn left onto the Blackwater road.
- Drive 6 kilometers down the Blackwater road.
- Turn left onto the 2nd power line access road.
- Drive 2.8 kilometers up the power line access road, then turn left at the “Y”.
- Drive up the slight hill and into the O’Brien Training grounds.
- Take the first left past the O’Brien office trailer (roughly 250 meters).
- Drive down the slight grade and you’ll see the air field below.
Lat/Long: 53.798314, -122.829511 | GPS Coordinates: 53° 47′ 53.9304” N / -122° 49′ 46.2396” W
Due to the remote location there are no time restrictions and the gate is left open throughout the summer months.